The setting up of an IT major’s campus in Sarjapur Road micro-market marked the beginning of the real estate development of the area in Bangalore. Due to its proximity to the IT clusters on the Outer Ring Road (ORR), Whitefield and Electronic City, Sarjapur Road’s development has come about in a big way.
Employees of IT sector in ORR choose to reside in Sarjapur Road area due to its affordable rental as well as its nearness to their workplaces as well as the following factors:
• Availability of land for commercial development
• Sizeable presence of IT/ITES sector employees
• Presence of an IT major’s campus
• Another proposed campus of another IT major
• Well established social infrastructure
It is only a 15-minute drive to the ORR and a 30-minute drive to Whitefield and Electronic City.
The office sector in this sub-market is only in its beginning stage. The commercial buildings cropping up here are primarily for IT/ITES companies.
There are ample indications that this area will witness a growth in its demand for commercial buildings with large floor plates, due to the lack of such options on ORR. This may in turn push up the rentals in this micro-market.
Forthcoming residential locales in this belt are Haralur Road, Kasavanahalli, Somapura and B Hosahalli. Factors pushing residential development here are:
• Proximity to the IT hubs on ORR, Electronic City and Whitefield
• Relatively affordable prices
• Good availability of land parcels for development
• Upcoming commercial and retail developments
• Well-established social infrastructure